Skip to content
Posts Tagged: current events
On July 21, 2022 by karengb
Which talented artist and renowned humanitarian died in 2022? Please only choose one, thank you.
- Bob Saget
- Orrin Hatch
- Ivana Trump
- Sidney Poitier
What was your reaction to the news that Jennifer Lopez took Ben Affleck’s last name when they got married in Las Vegas recently?
- Why are you asking me this question?
- OMG she did? That’s so romantic! Long Live Bennifer!
- I thought they broke up ten years ago.
- Karen, is that really you typing? I’m concerned.
- Those people got married? Good for them, whatever, I don’t actually care.
On a scale of one to five, with one being the most and five being the least, please tell me how concerned you are about Monkeypox.
- Extremely concerned. I think I already have it. Look, doesn’t that look like a monkeypox? I told you I have it.
- Very concerned. I never leave my house, but now I’m really never leaving my house.
- I understand that this is a disease passed through the exchange of body fluids, and my chances of contracting it are very low, but I do like to stay informed on matters of national health.
- It’s a hoax, made up to deprive us of our constitutional rights not to wear face diapers.
- I ain’t no monkey so I ain’t clicking.
Please weigh in on the Tristan/Khloe paternity scandal.
- No, stop this. I refuse. I have limits.
- Look, I get it, Khloe has always been the matchy-matchy sister, and she needs her babies to match.
- I’m 100% here for the “who has the worst taste in men” contest that is the Kardashian family. So far, it’s a dead heat among four of the five.
- Are you actually speaking English, Karen?
Will anything ever stick to Teflon Don?
- After these hearings? They HAVE to indict him for something.
- No way.
- Absolutely not.
Which author who writes about murder is wanted for questioning in an actual murder?
- Thomas Harris, who I won’t read, thankyouverymuch.
- Kate Atkinson, who often solves the crime with someone introduced late in the book, which isn’t fair for those of us playing along at home.
- Gillian Flynn, who would be so talented at figuring out how to do it and not get caught that you would applaud her murders.
- Dash Hammett, who is also dead.
- Ruth Rendell, especially when writing as Barbara Vine.
- Delia Owens, but I’m seeing the movie anyway.
Who appears in every single movie released in the last ten years?
- Tessa Thompson.
What has happened since the Uvalde school shooting?
- The United States has moved swiftly to institute a ban on automatic and semi-automatic weapons of war for the protection of our children.
- The same thing that happened inside that hallway during the shooting (nothing).
Are you a pooping woman?
- I am, and I agree with this message.
- It’s a natural body function, and it’s time we discussed it openly.
- THIS NEEDS TO STOP, NOW.
What eradicated disease just showed up again in NYC?
- COVID, because it wasn’t real.
- Polio, because anti-vaxxers are very real.